Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Motivate, Advocate, & Reciprocate

Life is a gift! Every moment, everyday counts. Recently I ordered an item called a Living Locket by Origami Owl. I put a lot of thought into the items that would make up my locket that I would wear each day.

First to represent "Motivation" I choose a plate with the word Inspire inscribed on the top. I love when people are motivated by actions and words. In both my professional and personal life I hope to inspire others to live out their dreams, love their life, and leave mark in history.

Second I chose a grey ribbon and added a red drop of blood to represent Diabetes Awareness. The cause that I choose to support is in finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes and being a voice to the difference between type 1 and type 2. There are so many causes in this world! I believe we should each find one that is near to our heart and support it with our giving, time and voice. What is your cause?

The third item is the word "love". This represents many factors of my life. I found that when you have a love to give back, to do for others, and to serve the community, you truly live a live of passion which is represented by the red accent stone.




Two great quotes that some up my purpose to reciprocate:

I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and do no defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. -William Penn

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.- Winston Churchill

We only have one life which is the inspiration for the final piece of my locket. A tree with the words unscripted in the back stating that "Life Is A Gift".

This represents who I am and the image that I strive to live out each day.




What is your life known for? What are your passions? For motivation on not just existing in this world but existing passionately, follow my blog post throughout the week or visit my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment